Marc C. Saperstein, Esq.
Marc Saperstein, a native of Dumont, N.J. is a founding member of Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C. He has a reputation of handling some of America’s most complex cases including Tobacco Class Actions, Diet Drugs, Fuel Tank explosions caused by defective design and many other types of cases. He has been responsible for dozens of seven figure settlements or verdicts. Recently Marc Saperstein was responsible for achieving a jury verdict of $20,000,000 involving a New York construction worker injured on the job.
Marc Saperstein has in the past served as President of the New Jersey Association for Justice formerly know as the Association of Trial Lawyers of America-NJ, He had serve as a municipal Prosecutor now has the privilege of serving as a Judge of the municipal court.
Marc Saperstein has the distinction of serving as Chairman of the Products Liability Section of Davis, Saperstein & Salomon, P.C. and Mass Tort and Class Action Department. As a member of the NJAJ Educational Foundation, he regularly lectures to fellow lawyers on issues pertaining to current case law, class actions, and construction site injury law. He was one of the founders of the widely attended annual “Meadowlands Seminar” He is equally skilled in New York Trial practice and heads the firms New York Trial Practice Section.
In the past, Marc Saperstein served on the Louisiana Tobacco Class Action Trial Team which successfully won a $500,000,000 verdict against big tobacco. He also represented on an individual basis dozens of consumers who were injured as a result of using Fen-Phen.
During the past 20 years, Marc Saperstein has developed a particular interest in handling cases involving serious burn injuries caused by defective home products or defective and uncrashworthy automobile gas tanks. He also has enjoyed the challenges of representing individuals injured in trucking accidents caused by a driver’s negligence or a defectively designed or maintained trailer truck. However, Marc Saperstein continues to represent individuals injured due to defective premises as well as all types of automobile collisions.
Marc Saperstein received his B.A. in Economics from Rutgers University in New Brunswick, and completed his Juris Doctorate at Emory University School of Law in 1978. He is admitted to the Bar of New Jersey, New York (Supreme Court and Appellate) and Georgia. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, U.S. Court of Appeals, Second, Third and Fifth Circuits and the United States Supreme Court.
Marc Saperstein has been admitted, with the permission of the Court, in several jurisdictions outside of New Jersey for purposes of participating in large complex cases. He has served as Vice Counsel in various complex litigation matters in the states of California, Florida, Louisiana and West Virginia. His legal arguments before the Appellate Division and the Supreme Court of New Jersey resulting in published decisions.
Marc Saperstein has been recognized by Martindale Hubbell peer review rating as a lawyer achieving the highest level of competency, an A-V Rating.
On a personal level, Marc is known as a World War II historian and a collector of WWII artifacts and books.
- New Jersey Association for Justice (NJAJ) formerly Association of Trial Lawyers of America-NJ
- President 2006-2007
- President Elect, 2005-2006
- First Vice President, 2004-2005
- Secretary/Treasurer 2002-2004
- Board of Governor 1992 – Present
- AAJ National Delegate for New Jersey
- NJAJ New Jersey Educational Foundation Speaker
- NJAJ New Jersey Legislative Chair
- American Association for Justice
- Superior Court of NJ Arbitrator 1990 to Present
- American Arbitration Association Member, 1985-
- Bergen County Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar Civil Practice Committee
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Georgia State Bar Association
- New Jersey Board of Governors, 1980 to Present
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Attorney Information and Exchange Group (AIEG)
- Automobile Crashworthiness Section
- Trial Lawyers Care Member
- Superlawyer: 2006-2010
- As designated by Law & Politics Magazine
- The American Trial Lawyers Association (Top 100 Lawyers)
- American Academy of Trial Advocacy
- Public Justice (member)
- Truth in Justice (member)
- New Jersey (1980)
- New York (1988)
- Georgia (1978)
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court – NJ & NY
- United States Court of Appeals (Second, Third and Fifth Circuits)
Areas of Expertise:
Marc Saperstein concentrates his practice in the area of complex litigation in the following areas:
- Products liability and defective dangerous products
- Pharmaceutical Litigation
- Tobacco Litigation
- Aviation Litigation
- Automotive Design Liability
- Automotive Products Liability
- Drug and Medical Device Litigation
- Complex Personal Injury
- Consumer Fraud
- Consumer Litigation
- Hotel Liability
- Premises Liability
- Gas Tank Explosions
- Product Failure
- Product Safety
- Medical Negligence
- Trucking Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
You can reach Marc Saperstein by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 201-907-5000 ext. 300.